CHARLES C. DIMICK, proprietor of one of the oldest mercantile establishments in the town of Rosiclare, Ill,, was born a mile and a half north of that town. Sept 1, 1862, his parents being Franklin and Amanda J. (Chancy) Dimick. (See sketch of George F. Dimick for family genealogy.) Charles C. Dimick was educated in the common schools and lived with his parents until Nov. 10, 1880, when he married Kittie Wood, daughter of Alfred and Sarah (Madden) Wood, old residents of Hardin county. After his marriage he lived a year on a farm near his father, then a year on Dr. White's farm, near Elizabethtown, when he settled on a farm given him by his father near the old home place, and lived there for seven or eight years. He then came to Rosiclare, where he was connected with the mines for about two years, at the end of which time he engaged in mercantile pursuits in connection with his brother, George F., under the firm name of C. Dimick & Bro. In 1902 the partnership was dissolved and he succeeded to the business, which he still conducts. By his conservative and safe business methods he has acquired considerable wealth and owns some of the best property in the town where he lives. Mr. Dimick is a Republican and takes some interest in political affairs. He was appointed postmaster under President McKinley's first administration, having been assistant for two years, and still holds that position. He is also freight agent for the Evansville & Paducah Packet company, and has held some of the minor offices of the town. In church matters he has accepted the faith of his father and is a deacon in the Christian church. He belongs to Lodge No. 54, Independent Order of Odd Fellows, and is always a willing helper in the benevolent work of the order. Mr. and Mrs. Dimick have two daughters, Ethel V. and H. Audrey. Ethel V. was born Dec. 5, 1883, and H. Audrey Feb. 25, 1894. On Dec. 11, 1904, Ethel was married to Austin D. Knight.
Extracted Feb 2015 from Memoirs of the Lower Ohio Valley, Personal and Genealogical with Portraits, published in 1905, Volume 1, page 392
|Livingston KY Crittenden KY|